Corvette Club of Richmond

Film covering for Corvettes

• Mon, November 16, 2015 9:02 AM
    Reply # 3636124 on 3624707
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Safeguard Auto Film and Capital Autobahnd both use Xpel Ultimate (self-healing) film. I have used both and they are both excellent. The only difference I have found is that Steve at Capital can come out to your garage to do the work. Also, Steve does not generally use templates, but rather cuts the film to fit the individual car. I highly recommend Xpel.

• Mon, November 16, 2015 7:00 AM
    Reply # 3636021 on 3624707

I have used Safeguard Auto Film twice.  Rubbed my vette twice entering my garage.  It's great stuff but not sure of the brand used.  It may be 3m or XPEL.  The owner is Jose Mora at 804-836-0753.  He also does detailing.  Very professional.

• Sat, November 14, 2015 7:34 PM
    Reply # 3633892 on 3624707

From the CCR Facebook page:

Marcie Baker Montgomery

August 23 ยท Edited

Kirby sends a shout out for Joe Deroche of Capital Auto Bond of Glen Allen! Joe expertly repaired the Xpel film protection on Kirby's Zo6. Kirby had the car Xpel'd before driving it east from Oklahoma. Then he stupidly (he admits it!) took the Zo6 through an automatic high pressure wash and damaged the Expert Xpel application done by Forcefield Paint Shield of Denton TX. (Read the information given!). Forcefield referred Kirby to Joe, and he did an excellent job and even added additional protection to other areas! Joe has done work for other CCR members as well, You can reach Joe @ 804 314-4234. Here is s before and after picture of one of the spots, and Joe!

• Mon, November 09, 2015 9:07 AM
    Message # 3624707
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

What do you recommend for the best film covering for your car? (3M, Cleartastic, Xpel, ???) Where can you get it installed? Approximate price?